This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Screen-Shot-2021-05-27-at-9.41.54-PM-1024x504.png
 My digital platforms placed on the V&R maping

● What digital platforms are students currently using to develop their professional network?

At present, students are using many kinds of digital platforms to develop their professional network. Now there are too many digital platforms. For me, the most I use are Instagram, zoom, WordPress, Email, LinkedIn and Tik-Tok. As a graduating undergraduate, I am now facing the problem of finding a job. LinkedIn helps me a lot and I think it’s a good digital platform. On LinkedIn, there are various types of jobs for you to choose. You can apply by inputting your resume according to your needs. You can also directly search the position and local area you want to work. You can also make new friends on LinkedIn and keep in touch with them to build your own social circle.LinkedIn has helped me a lot on my way to find a job. And for zoom, I think it is also a good digital platform, because for the covid-19, we have to take online lessons at home. We communicate with our teachers and classmates online through zoom. The teacher can also show his PowerPoint which make the course easily to understand.

● What can you (as a student) consider to expand your professional learning network?

I think as students, we can expand your professional learning network by creating a blog on WordPress. You can blog any of your ideas online. You can spread your ideas and hobbies. Find people who share your interests. You can make a lasting connection with them. Expand your professional learning network by sharing your different ideas every week. And I think questioning can also expand your professional learning network. When you ask questions to others, you are also a kind of improvement and learning. You have better communication and contact with others, and you are also an improvement to yourself when you get the answer.

● In your network, how can you create a digital identity/reputation?

I think in my network, sharing my thoughts and publishing some news about yourself with others is a way to create reputation. It’s very important to build a network reputation, which may directly affect my chances of winning honors. While sharing with others, we should protect our privacy and not disclose our identity (ID, home address). In addition, when we publish something, we need to pay attention to our own words, not to hurt others. This is an effective way to create network reputation.

● Consider what a local employer would do if you applied for a job with them – can they search the content, is it of benefit to the career path, does it hinder the opportunity of employment?

I think if you apply to a local employer for a job, first of all, they may search for your information on Google. Maybe Google will display some information or photos from your social platforms. For example, instagram, Facebook, and twitter. I think it is good for you to apply for a job, because employers can get to know you better through your information. So the content you publish on these social platforms needs to be rigorous, and you need to publish more content that can show your own advantages, rather than words or pictures that have a bad impact on you.